SCHUMACHER Companies is looking for a qualified person to fill the role of Seasonal Color Specialist.
Responsible for design, purchasing, coordinating, and overseeing the installation of flowers for our commercial maintenance and residential clients.
- Work closely with AM to design, schedule, order material and coordinate installation of seasonal annual rotations in planting beds and containers.
- Train field personnel on proper service techniques such as pruning, weeding, flower bed preparation and planting.
- Complete log of used material daily and provide all material receipts to appropriate Acct. Mgr. on a weekly basis as established by Company practices.
- Re-visit job sites each season to evaluate growing and watering conditions and communicate same to Acct. Mgrs. Perform any necessary minor dead-heading/cutting back while on-site. Photograph each container/planting bed and catalog appropriately on network. Be prepared to spruce up and weak or damaged areas as approved by Acct. Mgrs.
- When appropriate, accompany Acct. Mgrs to existing or potential client meetings to present and discuss recommendations of flower selection and enhancement projects that have a heavy emphasis on color. Make recommendations for improvements in areas that may not have performed to expectations.
- Stay on leading edge of latest flowering materials, trends, and ideas.
- Attend weekly production meetings during non-rotation cycles
- 3-5 years experience in seasonal color design and implementation
- Strong organizational and communication skills