SCHUMACHER Companies is currently looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Mechanic – Small Engine or Landscape
- Reports daily to an Equipment/Yard Manager
- Perform repairs and maintenance of typical gas powered and mixed fuel landscape pieces of machinery/equipment
- Performs regular preventative maintenance on diesel and gas powered construction related equipment/machinery
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair with ability to dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Initiate purchase order for parts and machines and orchestrates repair schedule
- Inspect defective parts and make a determination for course of action with ability to repair defective parts prior to purchasing.
- Assemble and test operate machines to verify correction of malfunction or to test performance.
- Sharpens tools such as blade, shears, and other metal equipment used for cutting.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions as well as to deal with problems involving variables in repair situations.
- Ability to work in Snow Removal Operations
- Current driver’s license required for driving company vehicle(s) for on-site repairs, refueling equipment or to pick up parts as necessary.
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in a similar small engine/equipment environment – IE – mowers, skidsteers, trailers (wiring and welding experience a plus)
- Experience working with or around construction equipment
- Skidsteer, front-end loader and backhoe operation experience preferred
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting of up to100 lbs.
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Work in all weather conditions as needed
- Positive attitude
- Good verbal communication
- Professional and clean appearance
- Diligent attention to safety policies
- A drug screening is required as part of employment process